Friday, November 12, 2010

Praying Backwards by Bryan Chapell

I don't know about you, but I have often gone through seasons when my prayer life is dull and aimless. I can feel so overwhelmed by the tasks of the day and the pace at which life moves that my prayers come out more like afterthoughts than a heartfelt, intentional conversation with the Creator. If you share these struggles, I would highly recommend Bryan Chapell's book Praying Backwards: Transform Your Prayer Life by Beginning in Jesus' Name. Chapell walks through the Lord's Prayer - backwards - and offers practical and helpful tips on ordering your prayer life not around yourself, but around the one to whom you pray. One reviewer explains that the author hopes readers of the book will "pray believing in the power and the goodness of the One who hears, and thus to pray boldly, expectantly, and persistently." It's an easy read and will undoubtedly direct and enhance your prayers to the God who hears us in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment