Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Your Local Library

I was never one to really utilize my local library, until now. Now it is one of my favorite stops in our small little town outside of Philadelphia. I've become increasingly impressed by all that our library offers and the following might just convince you to check yours out too!

*They will buy a book that you've requested if they don't have it anywhere in their system. The other day I went in looking for a particular Christian book on marriage. I knew it was a long shot because the book is relatively new, but we're trying to save money and I thought it was worth a try. They did not have the book, but they promptly offered to buy it on Amazon and will let me know when it arrives. This may not be the case for every library, but I imagine that if ours is doing it, then others are too!

*They offer classes on practical subjects - for free! I signed up for a class on starting your own vegetable garden. Sadly, I was not able to make it because our week got overbooked and something had to go, but I'll be on the lookout for more classes in the future.

*Take a look at the bulletin boards around the library's entrance. These can be filled with all sorts of information about events going on at the library and in your community.

1 comment:

  1. and, let's not forget, the FREE children's activities they offer!! we never miss a thursday at our local library!

    ReplyDelete