Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Household Tips

When I moved into my first apartment, my mom gave me a little booklet entitled Why Didn't I Think of That. It is a "collection of consumer hints" compiled by Peggy Rolfer and I love referencing it for quick tips on how to maintain a house. I'll post about these periodically because I find them to be so helpful!

"Dingy, moldy shower curtains will look like new after an occasional soaking in 1/2 cup liquid bleach and 1/4 cup detergent. Soak curtains for 20 minutes in either washing machine or bathtub. Rinse, then drip dry."

"Sponges stay fresh when soaked regularly in cold salt water."

"Silver will gleam after a rubbing with damp baking soda on a soft cloth."

"Toss lemon rinds into the garbage disposal for a fresh, clean scent."

"Stubborn candle wax may be removed from linens or carpeting by pressing a warm iron over a paper towel directly on the spot...continue until wax melts and is absorbed."

No comments:

Post a Comment